Once upon a time, you want to play PUBG with your friends. The first application you open must be discord. But wait, why is discord stuck on checking for updates?
Then the status change to “Discord update failed – Retrying in 10 seconds”. After a while, you start thinking that Discord update broken and asked “How do I fix discord stuck on downloading update 1?”. And here’s some method to fix it.
(*) This guide about Discord Update Failed last updated in 13 March 2021
4 Easy Ways to fix the ‘Discord update failed’ error in Windows 10
Check Your Internet Connection
- Turn off your Wi-Fi router
- Let it off at least 10 minutes
- Turn it on and see if discord is accessible
Give Administrator Permission to Discord App
- Open properties of Discord app
- Check on “Run this program as an administrator” and click Apply
- Now open Discord and see if the problem solve
Reinstall Discord in Windows 10
- Go to https://discord.com/ and download Discord app. Save it for later
- Open Task Manager and end task the Discord app in Details tab
- Uninstall Discord app
- Hit “Windows logo + R” to access Run feature and type “ %appdata% ” and you will forwarded to your app data in your system drive. Look for folder named Discord. Delete it.
- Hit “Windows logo + R” again and type “ %localappdata% ”. Search for Discord folder and delete it.
- Restart your PC
- Check back in the folder of App Data and Local App Data. See if there is still a folder called discord or not
- If it’s not there, now install Discord via the file that you downloaded earlier
Rename “Update” file
- Access your Local App Data by access Run feature like Steps 3
- Go to Discord folder
- You’ll see .exe named Update. Rename it for example “update_discord”
- Double click on it and see if the problem solve